Translation of extent in French:
- 1 (size) (of park, garden, universe, empire, problem)étendue (f)to open to its full extents'ouvrir complètement
- 3 (degree) to what extent…?dans quelle mesure…?to a certain ou to some extent to a great ou large extent to the extent that we have any control over our livesdans la mesure où nous contrôlons notre viehe did not participate to any great extentil a très peu participéto do something to such an extent that …faire quelque chose à tel point que …
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com