Translation of payment in French:
- (gen)(in settlement) règlement (m)(into account, of instalments) versement (m)(to creditor) remboursement (m)[figurative] (for kindness, help) récompense (f) (also ironic)to make a paymentfaire ou effectuer un paiementcash payment (not credit)paiement comptant(not cheque) paiement en liquidein payment for the books receiveden règlement de ma commande de livresin payment for what I oween remboursement de ce que je doispayment in full is now requestedun règlement complet est désormais exigéin monthly payments of £30en mensualités de 30 livrespayment on (instalment)traite de (television, washing machine etc)on payment of £30moyennant 30 livresSocial Security paymentsprestations (fpl) de la Sécurité socialein payment for your kindnessen récompense de votre gentillesse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com