Translation of prop in French:
- 2 (supportive person)soutien (m) (for pour)
transitive verb p prés etc -pp-
- 1 (support)étayer (roof, tunnel, wall)I propped his head on a pillowje lui ai soutenu la tête avec un oreiller
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries French
- French-English and English-French dictionary
- more than 910,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers French* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to French words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com