Translation of they in French:


Pronunciation: /ðeɪ/


they is translated by ils (masculine) or elles (feminine). For a group of people or things of mixed gender, ils is always used. The emphatic form is eux (masculine) or elles (feminine).

  • they have already gone (masculine or mixed) ils sont déjà partis (feminine) elles sont déjà parties here they are! les voici! there they are! les voilà!

Definition of they in:

Get more from Oxford Dictionaries

Subscribe to remove ads and access premium resources

Word of the day jaunty
Pronunciation: ˈjôntē
having a lively, cheerful, and self-confident manner...