Translation of bunch in German:
- 2(lot) Anzahl, diea whole bunch of …ein ganzer Haufen … [colloquial]the best or pick of the bunchder/die/das Beste [von allen]
- 1zu einem Strauß/zu Sträußen binden (Blumen)bündeln (Radieschen, Spargel)zusammendrängen (Personen)the runners were tightly bunched as they came round the final benddie Läufer lagen alle dicht beieinander, als sie in die Zielgerade einbogen
- 2(gather into folds) [zusammen]raffen (Kleid)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries German
- German-English and English-German dictionary
- more than 840,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers German* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to German words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com