Translation of monkey in German:
- 1Affe Mask.the three wise monkeys (Mythology)die „Drei Affen“make a monkey of somebody [informal]jemanden zum Gespött machenget one's monkey up (British English) [informal]auf die Palme gehen [informal]somebody's monkey is up (British English) [informal]jemand ist auf der PalmeI'll be a monkey's uncle! [informal]ich denk, mich laust der Affe [informal]
- 2 (in playful abuse)Schlingel Mask. [humorous]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries German
- German-English and English-German dictionary
- more than 840,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers German* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to German words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com