Translation of plague in German:
- 1 (esp. History)(epidemic) Seuche, diethe plague(bubonic) die Pestspread like the plaguesich wie eine Seuche ausbreitenavoid/hate somebody/something like the plaguejemanden/etwas wie die Pest meiden/hassena plague on it/you![archaic]a plague on both your houses!
hols/hol dich die Pest![archaic] [figurative]
hol euch beide die Pest!
- 2 (esp. Bible)(punishment; [colloquial]: nuisance) Plage, die
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries German
- German-English and English-German dictionary
- more than 840,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers German* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to German words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com