Translation of stature in German:
- 1 (body height)Statur Fem.be of short stature, be short in staturevon kleiner Statur sein
- 2 [figurative] (standing)Format Neutr.be of international stature in one's fieldauf seinem Gebiet eine international anerkannte Kapazität seina person of [some] statureeine [recht] bedeutende Persönlichkeithe was not of the same stature as Picassoer hatte nicht das Format od. die Größe Picassos
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries German
- German-English and English-German dictionary
- more than 840,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers German* and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to German words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts**
**Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com