Translation of advertise in Italian:
- 1 (for publicity)fare pubblicità a, reclamizzare (product, party, group, event, service)annunciare, rendere noto (price, rate)
- 2 (for sale, applications)mettere, (far) pubblicare un annuncio, un'inserzione per (car, furniture, house, job, vacancy, etc.)I'm ringing about the car advertised in Monday's papertelefono per l'auto dell'annuncio sul giornale di lunedìthe post has been advertised in the local paper, several times
- 3 (make known)segnalare (presence)rendere noto, pubblico (contacts, losses)palesare, manifestare (ignorance, weakness)to advertise (the fact) that …rendere noto che …to advertise one's presencesegnalare la propria presenzawe would like to advertise our willingness to…vorremmo dichiarare la nostra volontà di…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com