- 1 (help)aiuto (masculine) (to a)with, without somebody's aid with the aid of to come to somebody's aidvenire in aiuto di qualcunoto go to somebody's aidandare in aiuto di qualcunohe came, went to her aidvenne, andò in suo aiutowhat's all this shouting in aid of? (British English) [humorous]come mai tutta questa confusione?
- 2 (charitable or financial support)aiuto (masculine) , sovvenzione (feminine) , sussidio (masculine) (from di) (to, for a)in aid ofa favore di (hospital, aid organization etc.)in aid of charitybefore n (budget)
per l'aiuto, l'assistenza(organization, programme, scheme)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com