Translation of approval in Italian:
- 1 uncountable (favourable opinion)approvazione (feminine) (of di)to win somebody's approvalguadagnarsi, ottenere l'approvazione di qualcunoshe nodded, smiled her approvalha mostrato la sua approvazione con un cenno del capo, sorridendo
- 2 uncountable (Administration) (authorization)approvazione (feminine) , autorizzazione (feminine) (to do per fare)subject to somebody's approvalsottoposto all'approvazione di qualcunoto give (one's) approval todare la propria approvazione a (plan, scheme, reform)to get, send something on approval
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com