Translation of bugger in Italian:
- 1 (British English) [informal] [pejorative] [humorous](sympathetic) sfigato (masculine) (-a), (povero) cristo (masculine)
- 2 (British English) [informal] (difficult or annoying thing) what a bugger! (situation)che (situazione di) merda!
exclamation(British English) [informal]
- 1 [informal] (expressing surprise)bugger me!cazzo! minchia!I'll be buggered!non ci posso credere!(expressing lack of importance)bugger that!chi cazzo se ne frega!bugger him, her!vada a farsi fottere!I'm buggered if I'm going to do that!manco per il cazzo lo farò! col cazzo che lo faccio!I'm buggered if I know!non ne so un cazzo!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com