Translation of bugger in Italian:
- 1 (British English) [informal] [pejorative] [humorous](sympathetic)sfigato (masculine) (-a), (povero) cristo (masculine)
- 2 (British English) [informal] (difficult or annoying thing) what a bugger! (situation)che (situazione di) merda!
exclamation(British English) [informal]
- 1 [informal] (expressing surprise) See examples:bugger me!I'll be buggered!cazzo! minchia!(expressing lack of importance)bugger that!non ci posso credere!bugger him, her!chi cazzo se ne frega!I'm buggered if I'm going to do that!vada a farsi fottere!I'm buggered if I know!manco per il cazzo lo farò! col cazzo che lo faccio!non ne so un cazzo!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 13: IT
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com