Translation of cook in Italian:
- 1 (Cookery)cuocere, far cuocere (vegetables, pasta, eggs)1cucinare (meal, meat, fish) (for per)cook for 10 minutesfar cuocere per 10 minuti
- 2 [informal] (falsify)falsificare, manipolare, truccare (data, evidence, figures)to cook the booksfalsificare o truccare i conti
- 3 (American English) [informal]sprecare (chances)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com