Translation of dread in Italian:
- to have a dread of something(real fear) avere terrore di qualcosa(weaker) avere paura di qualcosato live in dread of something, somebodyessere terrorizzato da qualcosa, qualcunoto live in dread of something happeningvivere nel terrore che accada qualcosait's his constant dreadè il suo timore costanteher dread that her husband might returnla paura che suo marito possa tornare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com