Translation of easy in Italian:
- 1 (not difficult)(job, question, victory)(life)that's easy to fixit's not easy to talk to him, he's not an easy man to talk toè facile da ripararethat's easy for you to say!non è facile parlare con luiit's all o only too easy tofai presto a dirlo! hai un bel dire!she makes it look easyè davvero troppo facile perit's an easy walk from here to be an easy winnerla fa sembrare facilewithin easy reachvincere facilmentethat's easier said than done to make it o things easiera poca distanzaof dafor ato make life easier (for somebody)to make life o things too easy forsemplificare la vita (a qualcuno)to have an easy ride [figurative] we didn't have an easy time of itrendere la vita troppo facile a(criminal, regime)to take the easy way outnon ce la siamo passata bene in quel periodoscegliere la strada più semplice
- 1 (in a relaxed way) See examples:to take it o things easytake it easy! (stay calm)prendersela con calma o prendere la vita come vienestand easy! (Military)calma! non prendertela!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com