Translation of easy in Italian:
- 1 (not difficult)(job, question, victory)
facile(life)that's easy to fix
agiato, comodoè facile da riparareit's not easy to talk to him, he's not an easy man to talk tonon è facile parlare con luithat's easy for you to say!fai presto a dirlo! hai un bel dire!it's all o only too easy toè davvero troppo facile pershe makes it look easyla fa sembrare facileit's an easy walk from here to be an easy winnervincere facilmentewithin easy reacha poca distanza (of da)that's easier said than done to make it o things easierfacilitare le cose (for a)to make life easier (for somebody)semplificare la vita (a qualcuno)to make life o things too easy forrendere la vita troppo facile a (criminal, regime)to have an easy ride [figurative] we didn't have an easy time of itnon ce la siamo passata bene in quel periodoto take the easy way outscegliere la strada più semplice
- 3 (weak)(victim, prey)he's easy game o meat
facileè un sempliciotto o un pollo
- 1 (in a relaxed way)to take it o things easyprendersela con calma o prendere la vita come vienetake it easy! (stay calm)calma! non prendertela!stand easy! (Military)riposo!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com