See parent entry: → get
Translation of get at in Italian:
- [informal] get at [somebody, something] 1.1 (reach)arrivare a, raggiungere (object, person)[figurative]arrivare a, scoprire (truth)let me get at her (in anger)aspetta che riesca ad averla per le mani1.2 (spoil)the ants have got at the sugarle formiche hanno attaccato lo zucchero1.3 (criticize)dare addosso a (person)1.4(intimidate) sottoporre a pressioni(bribe) corrompere (witness)1.5 (insinuate)what are you getting at?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*