Translation of heaven in Italian:
- 1 (Religion)also: Heavento go to, be in heaven heaven and earthheaven and hellcielo e terrathe kingdom of heaveninferno e paradisoour Father which art in heaven the will of heavenil regno dei cielila volontà celeste
- 2 (in exclamations) See examples:heavens (above)! heaven forbid, heaven forfend! [formal]heaven forbid she should realize!il cielo non voglia!heaven only knows! heaven help us! heaven help him when I catch him! [informal]il cielo non voglia che se ne accorga!good heavens! o great heavens! [rare] God in heaven!che il cielo lo aiuti se lo prendo!thank heaven(s)!Dio del cielo!in heaven's name stop! [rare]grazie al cielo!what in heaven's name are you up to?in nome del cielo, fermati!in nome del cielo, che cosa stai facendo?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com