Translation of judge in Italian:
- 3 [figurative]to be a good judge of characterto be no judge ofessere bravo a giudicare il carattere (di una persona)I think it's lovely - not that I'm any judgenon essere un conoscitore, intenditore di(art, wine)let me be the judge of thatcredo sia delizioso - non che me ne intenda molto o non che io sia un intenditorelascia che sia io a giudicarlo o a deciderlo
also: Judges plural proper noun + verbo sing.
- 1(person) (Law)to judge a prisoner guiltywho are you to judge others?giudicare colpevole il detenutochi sei tu per giudicare gli altri?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 13: IT
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com