Translation of judge in Italian:
- 3 [figurative]to be a good judge of characteressere bravo a giudicare il carattere (di una persona)to be no judge ofnon essere un conoscitore, intenditore di (art, wine)I think it's lovely - not that I'm any judgecredo sia delizioso - non che me ne intenda molto o non che io sia un intenditorelet me be the judge of thatlascia che sia io a giudicarlo o a deciderlo
also: Judges plural proper noun + verbo sing.
- 1giudicare (person) (also Law)to judge a prisoner guiltygiudicare colpevole il detenutowho are you to judge others?chi sei tu per giudicare gli altri?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com