Translation of knee in Italian:
- to be on one's kneesessere in ginocchio [figurative]to fall to one's knees to be up to one's knees in wateravere l'acqua che arriva alle ginocchiato sit on somebody's kneesedersi sulle ginocchia di qualcunocome and sit on my kneevieni a sederti sulle mie ginocchiato have the paper open on one's kneeavere il giornale aperto sulle ginocchiato eat on one's kneemangiare in ginocchioon (one's) hands and knees to go down on bended knee (to somebody)mettersi in ginocchio o inginocchiarsi (davanti a qualcuno)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com