Translation of lady in Italian:
- 1 (woman) ladies first ladies and gentlemensignore e signorithe young lady at the deskla signorina al bancobehave yourself, young lady! (to child)comportati bene, signorina!his young lady [rare]la sua bellayour good lady [rare]tua, sua mogliemy old lady [informal]mia moglie o madrea little old ladyuna vecchiettamy dear ladymia cara signoralook here, lady! [informal]ascolti o guardi, signora!she's a real lady [figurative]è una vera signorathe lady of the house a lady by birthuna nobile di nascitabefore n a lady doctor, writeruna dottoressa, scrittrice
also: Ladies plural noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com