Translation of law in Italian:
- 1 uncountable (body of rules) to obey, break the law to be against the lawessere contro la legge o essere vietatoit is against the law to doè contro la legge o è vietato farethe law is on our sideabbiamo la legge dalla nostra parteto be above the law to remain within the lawrestare nei limiti della legalitàthe law of the landle leggi del paesethe law as it stands under Italian lawsecondo la legge italiana o secondo il diritto italianoby law it's required by lawè richiesto dalla leggethe bill became law yesterdayil decreto è diventato legge ieridivine law his word is law
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com