Translation of loss in Italian:
- 1perdita (feminine) (of di) (also BusinessPolitics)heat loss weight loss hair losscaduta dei capelliloss of blood there was great loss of lifeci furono molte vittimeloss of income o earningsmancati utililoss of sound, vision (Television)interruzione audio, videowith the loss of 200 jobscon la perdita di 200 posti di lavorohe is a great loss to the artsè una grave perdita per il mondo dell'artehe's no great loss a sense of loss to make a loss on something (Business)registrare una perdita su qualcosato sell at a loss (Business)vendere in perditato suffer losses (Business, Military) the party suffered heavy losses in the electionsil partito ha perso molti voti alle elezioni
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com