Translation of lunch in Italian:
- (meal taken at midday) pranzo (masculine)(light meal) spuntino (masculine)to have lunch to eat something for lunchmangiare qualcosa a mezzogiornoI often go out for lunch to take somebody out for o to lunchportare qualcuno fuori a pranzocome round for lunchvieni a pranzo (da me)she's gone to lunch, she's at lunch I usually take my lunch early lunch! o time for lunch!a tavola!to close for lunchfare la pausa di mezzogiornothat bar does good lunchessi mangia bene in quel bar
- pranzare, fare pranzo (on, off con)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com