Translation of many in Italian:
- molti, tantimany people, carsmolta gente, molte macchinemany timesmolte volte o spessofor many yearsper molti anniin many waysin molti modihis many friendsi suoi numerosi amicithe many advantages of city lifei numerosi vantaggi della vita cittadinahow many people, times? too many people, timestroppa gente, troppe voltea great many people for a great many yearsper moltissimi annia good many people, timesparecchia gente, parecchie voltelike so many other women, Anne…come molte altre donne, Anne…I have as many books as you (do)ho tanti libri quanto tefive exams in as many dayscinque esami in altrettanti giornimany a man would be glad of such an opportunitypiù di un uomo sarebbe felice di avere un'occasione cosìI spent many a night thereho passato molte notti lìI've been there many a time, many's the time I've been thereci sono stato molte volte, più di una volta
- molti (masculine) (-e)not manypochi, non moltitoo manytroppihow many?quanti?as many as you likequanti ne vuoiI didn't know there were so manynon sapevo che ce ne fossero così tantiwe don't need many more many of them were killedmolti di loro furono uccisithere were too many of themce n'erano troppi o erano troppo numerosia good many of the houses were damagedparecchie case furono danneggiateone, two too many you've set one place too manyhai preparato un posto di troppo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com