Translation of memory in Italian:
- 1 (faculty) to have a good memory to have a bad memorynon avere memoria o avere una pessima memoriato lose one's memory to have an excellent memoryavere un'ottima memoriato have a good memory for namesavere una buona memoria per i nomifrom memory long term, short term, visual memory (Medicine) to remain in the memoryrimanere impresso nella memoriato have a good memory for faces if my memory serves me right to have a long memory
- 4 (posthumous fame) their memory lives onil loro ricordo è ancora vivoto keep somebody's memory alive o greenmantenere vivo il ricordo di qualcuno
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com