Translation of nerve in Italian:
- 2(confidence) sicurezza (feminine)to have the nerve to do to keep one's nerve
padronanza (feminine) di sémantenere i nervi saldito lose one's nerve to recover one's nerveritrovare la padronanza di sé
- 3 [informal] (impudence, cheek)sfacciataggine (feminine)to have the nerve to do
faccia (feminine) tostaavere la faccia tosta di farehe's got a nerve!ha una bella faccia tosta!of all the nerve! what a nerve!che faccia tosta!
also: nerves plural noun
- (nervousness) nervi (masculine)to have an attack of nervesavere un attacco di nervishe suffers from (her) nervesè molto nervosato be in a state of nervesavere i nervi a pezziit's only nerves!sei solo nervoso!his nerves were on edge that noise is getting on my nervesquel rumore mi dà sui nervito live on one's nervesessere sempre nervoso o vivere con i nervi a fior di pelleto be all nerves to calm somebody's nervescalmare qualcunoyou need strong nerves to do that kind of workbisogna avere i nervi saldi per fare quel tipo di lavoroto have nerves of steelavere nervi d'acciaioa war o battle of nervesuna guerra di nervi
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com