Translation of of in Italian:
- 2 (made or consisting of)a ring (made) of goldun anello d'oroa plaque (made) of grey marbleuna targa di marmo grigioa will of iron [figurative]una volontà di ferroa heart of stone [figurative]un cuore di pietra
- 4 (indicating a proportion or fraction)some of us stayed for dinneralcuni di noi si fermarono a cenaseveral of them were rottenparecchi di essi erano marciof the twelve of us only nine could swimsu dodici di noi solo nove sapevano nuotare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com