Translation of outline in Italian:
- 3 (general plan, synopsis)(of plan, policy, reasons) linee (feminine plural) generali, punti (masculine plural) essenziali(of essay)(sketchy) abbozzo (masculine)(more structured) schema (masculine)to describe a plan in broad outlinedescrivere un progetto a grandi lineeto give a brief outline of a planpresentare un progetto a grandi lineein outline, the rules are… “An Outline of World History” (title)“Lineamenti di storia mondiale”
- 1 (give general summary of)descrivere a grandi linee (aims, motives, reasons)abbozzare, delineare (plan, solution)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com