Translation of phase in Italian:
- (all contexts) the phases of the moonle fasi lunarito go through a difficult phaseattraversare un momento difficileit's just a phase (she's going through)è solo una fase (che sta attraversando)the war has entered a new phasela guerra è entrata in una nuova fasethe first phase of the workla prima fase del lavoroto be in phase (Electricity)essere in fase[figurative]procedere in modo armonicoto be out of phase (Electricity)essere fuori fase, sfasato [figurative]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com