- 1 (a lot, quite enough) See examples:to have plenty ofthere is plenty of timeavere molto(time, money, friends)there is plenty of moneyc'è molto tempo (a disposizione)there are plenty of other reasons, ideasci sono molti soldi (a disposizione)there was wine, and plenty of it! there is plenty more teaci sono molti altri motivi, molte altre ideethere's plenty more where that came from! [informal] (of food, joke etc.)c'è ancora molto tèto see plenty of somebodyce n'è in quantità, finché si vuole!to have plenty to eat, to dovedere molto spesso qualcunothat's plentyavere molto da mangiare, fare£10 is, will be plentyè molto, basta e avanza“have you any questions?” - “plenty!”10 sterline bastano, basteranno“have you any money?” - “plenty!”“avete delle domande?” - “molte!”“do you know anything about cars?” - “plenty!”“soldi ne hai?” - “un sacco!”“te ne intendi di automobili?” - “sì, parecchio!”
- 1 (quite) See examples:plenty old, tall enoughthat's plenty big enough!abbastanza vecchio, altoè abbastanza grande!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Grammar and usage help for Italian:
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 10: HER
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 11: HIS
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 12: IN
- Italian Grammar Notes for English speakers translating into Italian 13: IT
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com