Translation of reel in Italian:
- (wind onto reel)bobinare (cotton)
- (sway)(person)he reeled across the room
vacillare, barcollareattraversò la stanza barcollandothe blow sent him reelingil colpo lo ha fatto barcollarethe news sent him reeling [figurative]la notizia lo ha scossohis mind was reeling at the thought ofgli girava la testa all'idea dithe government is still reeling after its defeat
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com