Translation of refusal in Italian:
- 1 (negative response)rifiuto (masculine) (to do di fare)his refusal of aidil suo rifiuto di essere aiutatoher refusal to acceptil suo rifiuto di (accettare) (situation, advice etc.)they saw no grounds for refusalnon vedevano alcun motivo per rifiutare
- 3 (Business) (option to refuse)to give somebody first refusalconcedere a qualcuno diritto d'opzione o di prelazioneto give somebody first refusal of somethingoffrire qualcosa a qualcuno per primoshe has first refusalha il diritto d'opzione
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com