Translation of setting in Italian:
- 1 (location) (for a building, event, film, novel) a historic, rural, magnificent settingun quadro storico, rurale, magnificoa house in a riverside settinguna casa situata sulle rive di un fiumeit's the perfect setting for a holiday, romanceè lo scenario ideale per una vacanza, una storia d'amoreMilan will be the setting for the gala, filmil galà si svolgerà a Milano, il film sarà ambientato a MilanoDublin is the setting for her latest novelil suo ultimo romanzo è ambientato a Dublinothis street was the setting for a riot, murderquesta strada è stata teatro di una rissa, di un assassinio
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com