Translation of stroke in Italian:
- 2 [figurative] (touch) it was a brilliant, master strokeè stato un colpo brillante, da maestroat one o at a single strokein un solo colpoa stroke of luckun colpo di fortunauna botta di culo [informal]a stroke of bad luckuna sfortunauna botta di sfiga [informal]a stroke of geniusun colpo di genio
- 1 (caress)accarezzare (person, animal)to stroke somebody's backaccarezzare la schiena a qualcunoto stroke one's beardaccarezzarsi la barba
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*