Translation of though in Italian:
- 1 (emphasizing contrast: although) we enjoyed the trip (even) though it was very hotla gita ci è piaciuta benché facesse molto caldothough she's clever o clever though she is, she's not what we're looking foranche se molto intelligente, non è la persona che cerchiamostrange though it may seemper quanto strano possa sembraretalented though he is, I don't like himnon mi piace sebbene abbia talento
- 2 (modifying information: but)anche se, maI think she knows though I can't be surepenso che lo sappia anche se non ne sono sicuroyou can still cancel though you'll be charged £10può sempre annullarlo ma dovrà pagare 10 sterlinethe house was small though well-designedla casa era piccola ma ben progettataa foolish though courageous actun'azione folle anche se coraggiosathat was delicious though I say so myself!non dovrei essere io a dirlo ma era delizioso!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com