Translation of ticket in Italian:
- 1 (as proof of entitlement)(for means of transport, cinema, theatre, exhibition etc.) biglietto (masculine) (for per)(for cloakroom, laundry, left-luggage) scontrino (masculine)(for library) tessera (feminine)(for pawnshop) scontrino (masculine) (del monte dei pegni)a bus ticketun biglietto dell'autobusa left-luggage ticketuno scontrino del deposito bagagliadmission by ticket onlyingresso consentito solo ai possessori di bigliettofor him, football was a ticket to a better life [figurative]nel suo caso il calcio è stato il biglietto da visita per una vita migliorebefore n (prices, sales)
- 1 (label)etichettare (goods, baggage)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*