Translation of Arctic in Spanish:
- 1.1(flora/fauna)the Arctic Oceanthe Arctic Circleel Océano (Glacial) Árticoel Círculo Polar ÁrticoExample sentences1.2
also: arcticExample sentences
- Led by a Connecticut dentist, a research team says it has unraveled some of the mysteries surrounding the spiral horn grown by the small Arctic whale known as the narwhal.
- The hares' main predators are gyr falcons, Arctic foxes and Arctic wolves.
- Such changes directly impact the region's polar bears, since the Arctic predators hunt seals on the winter sea ice and must fast on land during the summer melt.
- Measurements from below the ice are only possible at the North Pole as the Arctic ice cap sits on the sea, unlike the Antarctic, which is a land mass.
- Protected by the Alaskan peninsula from cold Arctic waters, the temperature of the ocean off of the Pacific coast varies remarkably little, both across the ecozone at any one time and over the year.
- Studying this region will help researchers understand how much and in what ways Arctic glaciers and ice caps are contributing to sea level rise.
- 2(overshoe) (American English)Example sentences
- In fact, the Arctics have kept my feet warmer than plastic double boots under similar conditions.
- In the upper U.S. Midwest, school children know the black rubber, over-the-shoe boot as "four-buckle arctics".
- Out of the saloon he went and met Sylvester West the druggist stumbling along in the kind of heavy overshoes called arctics.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to