Translation of Augustan in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Roman) de (César) AugustoExample sentences1.2 (neoclassical) neoclásico
- The excavated area open to the public covers the forum, dated to the Augustan period.
- Hence by the Augustan period the term murmillo replaced the old term samnis, designating a people south of Rome who had long since been subjugated by the Romans and absorbed into their culture.
- One model can be seen in exhibition catalogues on Italy during the middle Republic, on the relationship between the Republic and the Augustan period, or on late antiquity in the city of Rome.
- Translation was central to the Augustan programme to classicize English literary culture.
- History, Science, and Satire in Augustan England and The Battle of the Books: History and Literature in the Augustan Age.
- Samuel Johnson, however, found that he could not compile the kind of dictionary hoped for, and with the independence of the US a resistance to Augustan norms developed outside Britain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.