- 1.1 (Roman) de (César) AugustoMore example sentences1.2 (neoclassical) neoclásico
More example sentences
- The excavated area open to the public covers the forum, dated to the Augustan period.
- Hence by the Augustan period the term murmillo replaced the old term samnis, designating a people south of Rome who had long since been subjugated by the Romans and absorbed into their culture.
- One model can be seen in exhibition catalogues on Italy during the middle Republic, on the relationship between the Republic and the Augustan period, or on late antiquity in the city of Rome.
- Translation was central to the Augustan programme to classicize English literary culture.
- History, Science, and Satire in Augustan England and The Battle of the Books: History and Literature in the Augustan Age.
- Samuel Johnson, however, found that he could not compile the kind of dictionary hoped for, and with the independence of the US a resistance to Augustan norms developed outside Britain.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting remains popular in many parts of Spain and some Latin American countries, and is regularly broadcast on television. During the bullfight (corrida) three bullfighters (matadores) fight a total of six bulls, two each.