- 1.1 (Roman) de (César) AugustoMore example sentences1.2 (neoclassical) neoclásico
More example sentences
- The excavated area open to the public covers the forum, dated to the Augustan period.
- Hence by the Augustan period the term murmillo replaced the old term samnis, designating a people south of Rome who had long since been subjugated by the Romans and absorbed into their culture.
- One model can be seen in exhibition catalogues on Italy during the middle Republic, on the relationship between the Republic and the Augustan period, or on late antiquity in the city of Rome.
- Translation was central to the Augustan programme to classicize English literary culture.
- History, Science, and Satire in Augustan England and The Battle of the Books: History and Literature in the Augustan Age.
- Samuel Johnson, however, found that he could not compile the kind of dictionary hoped for, and with the independence of the US a resistance to Augustan norms developed outside Britain.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.