Translation of Burmese in Spanish:
noun plural Burmese
- 1.1 countable (person)birmano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)1.2 uncountable (language)Example sentences1.3 countableBurmese (cat)
gato (masculine) birmanoExample sentences
- The Pali alphabet used for written Burmese is made up of eight vowels, three diphthongs, 32 consonants, and several tones.
- They constitute three linguistic families, Tibeto-Burman, Mon-Khmer, and Tai, although today Burmese is written and spoken by most.
- In Singapore, a police spokesman said Thursday the letter, which was written in Burmese, contained a low-grade bomb detonator.
- Ethnic Burmese form the majority at 67.4%, and the remainder includes the Shans, Rakhines, Mons, Chins, Kachins and the Kayahs.
- The name of the country of Burma (or Myanmar, as it is now officially known) is associated with the dominant ethnic group, the Burmese.
- They established kingdoms and expanded their territory, often in conflict with other ethnic groups such as the Burmese (Burman).
- I tried to tell her that she upheld the only force, apart from fear and greed, strong enough to bind the diverse Burmese into one nation.
- This Burmese gets his supplies from a member of the Karen hill tribes.
- There are more than 125 separate ethnic groups represented by the Burmese.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.