Translation of God in Spanish:
- 1 1.1God be with you [archaic]Dios (masculine)God bless (you)vaya (usted) con Dios [anticuado]goodnight, God blessque Dios te bendigaGod rest his soulhasta mañana si Dios quiereas God is my witness …que en gloria estéque Dios lo tenga en su gloriaGod willingDios es testigo or pongo a Dios por testigo de que …he thinks he's God's gift to women [colloquial]si Dios quiereGod helps those who o as help themselvesse cree todo un don Juan [colloquial]se cree que las mujeres se mueren por él1.2 (in interjectional phrases) God!a Dios rogando y con el mazo dandoayúdate que Dios te ayudará (Latin America)God Almighty! God, I was terrified!¡Dios (santo)!oh, God, I don't know!¡Dios or Jesús, qué miedo pasé!by God, I'll make him do it!¡y yo qué sé!dear God!¡como que me llamo Ana ( or Carlos etc) que lo va a hacer!dear God, please let them be all right!¡Dios mío!good God, is that the time?Dios mío, que no les pase nadamy God, he's got a nerve!¡uy Dios!, ¿ya es tan tarde?God knows I did my best!¡Dios, qué cara tiene!what will you do next? — God knows!bien sabe Dios que hice todo lo que pudeGod only knows what they're doing in there!¿y ahora qué vas a hacer? — ¡ni idea! or ¡(y) qué sé yo! or ¡sabe Dios!I wish to God I hadn't come¡quién sabe qué estarán haciendo ahí dentro!I hope to God it never happensojalá no hubiera venidowould to God that I had never met her [literary]Dios quiera que nunca suceda¡maldita sea la hora en que la conocí!
- 2also: god(deity, idol) ye gods! [humorous] [dated]now he's boss, he's become a little tin god¡oh dioses![anticuado o hum]ahora que es director se ha convertido en un pequeño dictadorExample sentences
- What if the God at issue is the Trinitarian God of Christian worship and theology?
- She was advised to pray to the God of the Christians, who has power over all spirits.
- Even the Christian God at times would come into my dreams and makes himself known.
- Both had wide platforms built around them in stone and mud, with three images of entwined snake gods embedded in the mud, close to the tree trunks.
- You're likely to by killed by a pant-dampening array of ferocious animal gods.
- A mountain is god, a river is god, and animals have natural and supernatural values.
Cultural Note: God Save the Queen
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.