Translation of Greek in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (language) it's all Greek to me [colloquial]para mí es chino [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 countable (person)
griego, (-ga) (masculine, feminine)beware of Greeks bearing giftsten cuidado, puede haber gato encerradoExample sentences
- Every generation, poets and scholars try their hands at translating Homer from ancient Greek into modern languages.
- Being very near to the centre of Hellenistic world, Greek remained the main language of book writing at Alexandria.
- About 98 percent of Greece's people speak Greek as their first language.
- The ancient Macedonians were considered non-Greek but are claimed as co-nationals by the modern Greeks.
- Typical of the Greeks ' modern cuisine are feta cheese and retsina wine.
- In American folklore, however, the same activity is associated with modern Greeks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.