Translation of Magyar in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (person) 1.2 uncountable (language)Example sentences
- In the Diet of 1825 Széchenyi spoke in Magyar to demand the introduction of Magyar as the official language, and helped to found the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, to develop Magyar as a literary language.
- The government made Magyar the official language and outlawed all other languages.
- With Barbara my translator, (I was going to need more than a dozen words of Magyar to understand what was going on), I drove down to Tanyacsarda in the Bugas plains.
- In the late ninth century, Slavs and Magyars advanced westward along the Danube River valley and overran the area.
- Migrants from Hungary were not Magyars but Slovaks, followed by Serbs, Croats, and Romanians.
- The Magyars settled in the neighbourhood of the Danube, and especially in the district on the farther side, as best suited to their occupation, that of cattle-raising.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.