- 1.1 (in India) mogol (masculine) the Great Mogul el Gran MogolMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- The Mughals were Muslims who ruled a country with a large Hindu majority.
- The Mughals of India were mighty rulers, for three centuries, especially in their golden days for six generations, from
- The Taj Mahal is the most beautiful monument built by the Mughals, the Muslim rulers of India.
(mogul)(powerful person) magnate (masculine and feminine)
- Gowing asked: ‘Are you a believer in the Great Mogul? ‘and then stood up.’
- The representations of Jahangir, the Great Mogul, by English travellers, merchants, and diplomats who visited and resided in India in the early seventeenth century largely perpetuate this binary.
- A letter of his from the court of the Great Mogul is printed by Purchas, and this and another letter from the East are included in the compilation.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.