Translation of Samaritan in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Bible] samaritano, (masculine, feminine) the good Samaritan el buen samaritanoExample sentences1.2
( also samaritan)(helpful person) buen samaritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3the Samaritans (charitable organization) los samaritanos
- R. HaXohen instead groups contemporary non-orthodox Jews with the ancient Samaritans, a group of deviant Jews.
- Because the Samaritans recognized only the Pentateuch as authoritative, references later in the OT stipulating worship at the Jerusalem temple were not considered binding.
- The advantage the Jews had over the Samaritans was the Bible which instructed them in the acceptable way of approaching God.
- The Belfast man and his wife Josephine were stranded for an hour in their car along the Ballydugan Road before a good Samaritan came to their rescue.
- Just before the police are called, a Good Samaritan, posing as a police officer, steps in to save him.
- A quick thinking Samaritan jumped over the wall and threw the drowning man a lifebuoy but he was unable to hold on due to the strong waves and cold water.
- People do get depressed and the Samaritans is an excellent organisation to help people through harder times.
- In the past, unpaid volunteers have made professional-level contributions to many charitable activities, such as the lifeboat service, the Samaritans, and care of the elderly.
- The work being done quietly and anonymously by the Samaritans organisation has a role to play in helping those going through crisis periods in their lives.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the