Translation of abdication in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (of throne) abdicación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] (of duty, responsibility) abdicación (feminine) [formal]; (of rights) renuncia (feminine)
- The conference at Abernethy ended in the abdication of Constantin.
- His death was followed 11 months later by King Edward VIII's abdication.
- Meanwhile, Russia's problems did not disappear with the abdication.
- Spoiling your ballot paper (s) today is an abdication of personal responsibility.
- Garrow offers three basic reasons why he thinks Justice Blackmun is guilty of "a scandalous abdication of judicial responsibility."
- Or there may be a tendency to place too much faith in Fate, which leads to an abdication of personal responsibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.