- 1.1 (of mammal) abdomen (m), vientre (m) a pain in the lower abdomen un dolor en el bajo vientreMore example sentences1.2 (of insect) abdomen (m)
More example sentences
- It is quite common to develop a vertical, pigmented line on the skin of the abdomen below the belly button, which fades later.
- This is a long thin instrument with a light source at its tip, to light up the inside of the abdomen or pelvis.
- A high bowel obstruction will have a few dilated loops of small bowel in the abdomen.
- It has three pairs of true legs on the thorax and five pairs of fleshy prolegs on the abdomen.
- When they get peckish, the queens wag their abdomens across their nests, creating vibrations that ‘ask’ for a nutritious saliva snack.
- Attacked bees often have deformed wings and abdomens and a shortened life span.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.