- 1.1 countable (dwelling place) [liter or hum][liter o hum]welcome to my humble abode [humorous]bienvenido a mi humilde morada [humorous]Example sentences1.2 uncountable (Law)place of abode right of abode of no fixed abode
- These are the people living in bed and breakfasts, sofa surfing with friends and moving from house to house with no fixed abode.
- In between the luxurious modern houses are two curious abodes.
- Their house was more like a small castle than a humble abode.
- This points to a worldly, finite, lived morality - to an ethos in its sense of abode and dwelling place - and away from the abstract and systematic utilitarianism so common in Australia.
- In the time since he had left his native Ballyredmond and taken up his abode in Rathvilly he had spent a period of time in Courtown, Co. Wexford.
- The independent senator said a lot of the crime in the society was being committed by people of no fixed place of abode.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.