Translation of abort in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] abortar
- 2 2.1 (abandon mission) abandonar 2.2 (fail) malograrseExample sentences
- If a small bird makes a dent in a plane in flight, the pilot may abort the flight and bring the aircraft back for inspection.
- The MyTravel pilot aborted take-off and performed an emergency stop of his Airbus A321 craft.
- Hundreds of passengers were on board and only the quick reactions of one of the pilots, who aborted his take-off after reaching more than 115 mph, averted disaster.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas