Translation of abort in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] abortar
- 2 2.1 (abandon mission) abandonar 2.2 (fail) malograrseExample sentences
- If a small bird makes a dent in a plane in flight, the pilot may abort the flight and bring the aircraft back for inspection.
- The MyTravel pilot aborted take-off and performed an emergency stop of his Airbus A321 craft.
- Hundreds of passengers were on board and only the quick reactions of one of the pilots, who aborted his take-off after reaching more than 115 mph, averted disaster.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the