transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] abortar
- 2 2.1 (abandon mission) abandonar 2.2 (fail) malograrseMore example sentences
- If a small bird makes a dent in a plane in flight, the pilot may abort the flight and bring the aircraft back for inspection.
- The MyTravel pilot aborted take-off and performed an emergency stop of his Airbus A321 craft.
- Hundreds of passengers were on board and only the quick reactions of one of the pilots, who aborted his take-off after reaching more than 115 mph, averted disaster.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.