Translation of abstract in Spanish:
- 1.1 (theoretical) [idea/argument/theorizing] abstracto in the abstract en teoríaExample sentences1.2 [Art/Arte] [sculpture/painting] abstracto
- Courts are not supposed to decide questions which are merely moot, theoretical, abstract or hypothetical.
- So a culture based on abstract reasoning, or on various metaphysical precepts, may itself be simply a product of evolutionary change.
- Not some theoretical, abstract cost, but a real cost.
- Both legs and abstract shapes contribute to an almost painterly overall compositional effect.
- It's a beautiful work of abstract colour and texture, of contrasting dark and light.
- Rothko stresses that the contrast between abstract and representational painting is overdrawn, that all art has subject matter.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/æbˈstrækt; əbˈstrækt/ [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...