- 1.1 (theoretical) [idea/argument/theorizing] abstracto in the abstract en teoríaMore example sentences1.2 [Art/Arte] [sculpture/painting] abstracto
More example sentences
- Courts are not supposed to decide questions which are merely moot, theoretical, abstract or hypothetical.
- So a culture based on abstract reasoning, or on various metaphysical precepts, may itself be simply a product of evolutionary change.
- Not some theoretical, abstract cost, but a real cost.
- Both legs and abstract shapes contribute to an almost painterly overall compositional effect.
- It's a beautiful work of abstract colour and texture, of contrasting dark and light.
- Rothko stresses that the contrast between abstract and representational painting is overdrawn, that all art has subject matter.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/æbˈstrækt; əbˈstrækt/ [formal]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.