Translation of accommodation in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1also: (in American English also) accommodations(lodgings) to find/book accommodation o (in American English also) accommodationsI can provide accommodation for fiveencontrar/reservar alojamiento or hospedaje1.2 (seat, berth)puedo alojar or dar alojamiento a cinco personas(American English)1.3 (space, room)Example sentences
- For official figures, a person can be considered homeless while staying in temporary accommodation and not necessarily living on the streets.
- The family is now staying in temporary accommodation until their house in Ascension Close is rebuilt.
- People are forced to live in temporary accommodation for years because of the shortage of social housing, and people who come to Oxford to work find it very difficult to find anywhere affordable to live.
- She had lifeboat accommodation for 970 persons.
- T & T, by virtue of qualifying, has been allocated eight per cent of available seating accommodation at each of the three stadiums.
- On a bitterly chill day, plenty of accommodation was available for punters in the state-of-the-art stand, and facilities for hospitality were excellent.
- 2 uncountable and countable (agreement, compromise) to reach an accommodation with somebody over somethingllegar a un acuerdo con alguien sobre algoExample sentences
- There were tensions between tradition and Christianity, but there were also compromises and accommodations, a fusion of cultures.
- And, when a conflict becomes defined in religious terms, it also usually becomes more difficult to work out an accommodation or a compromise.
- The easy option is of course to seek to reach an accommodation with critics, and, if a compromise can be reached without sacrifice of principle, then this is a preferred course.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.